By: Mariana Byrd
Some more reasons why I, and so many others, love Durham:
- 4th Best Fun and Affordable City in the Nation – Durham (all by itself and without it’s neighboring cities, no less) was ranked 4th in the nation by the Today Show with real estate expert Barbara Corcoran.
- National Champions – The Duke Blue Devils men’s basketball team once again brought the trophy back to Durham!
- Concerts Galore – last week I saw Los Lobos perform at Paige Auditorium at Duke and then two days later saw a sold out Wilco show at DPAC. Both were absolutely amazing.
- The Farmer’s Market – I love the farm fresh eggs, juices, breads, soaps, and everything else they have to offer.
- Beach and Mountains – I have family visiting NC for the first time this week and besides thoroughly enjoying Durham, on Tuesday we enjoyed a wonderful day trip to the beach and now, it’s Thursday, and we’re enjoying the magnificent views in the mountains.
- Food – delicious…what more can I say?!
- Housing – There’s a style, a price, and a neighborhood for everyone.
- Diversity – it’s everywhere and it’s wonderful to have my children grow up with such a rich culture.
Oh, the list can go on and on but I’ll stop here…for now. What are some of your Durham favorites?